JAMES A. LONG
A skilled advocate with an extensive and proven track record, James Long is a Senior Attorney in Tyler & Bursch’s civil litigation practice group. Throughout his time here, he has established himself as a successful litigator inside and outside of the courtroom. In law school, James Long was the Managing Editor of the University of St. Thomas Journal of Law and Public Policy, and Associate Editor of the University of St. Thomas Law Journal. After graduating law school, James served as an Expert to the Holy See's Mission to the United Nations in New York City, where he represented the Holy See at the General Assembly. Before joining Tyler & Bursch, James practiced law as a plaintiff's personal injury attorney and subsequently gained experience in a number of areas of law including construction defect, estate planning, employment law, and complex civil litigation.
Mr. Long was a candidate brother with the Legionaries of Christ and a seminarian for the Diocese of San Bernardino prior to going to law school. Mr. Long serves as President of Pastoral Council at Blessed Oscar Romero Catholic Church. He is married with a son and one child on the way. In his spare time, Mr. Long enjoys playing the piano, acting, hiking, trap shooting, and watching the Denver Broncos beat the New England Patriots. Go Broncos!!
- Civil Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Estate & Trust Litigation
- Estate Planning
- Asset Protection
- Constitutional Law
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- University of St. Thomas, J.D., 2010
- California State University – San Bernardino, B.A., Philosophy, 2007
- State Bar of California, Member
- Genetic Plastic Surgery: How Neoeugenics Creates a Culture of Stage Moms, Long, James, 7 U. St. Thomas L.J. 209 (2009).