JOHN V. GIARDINELLI
John V. Giardinelli is the principal and founding attorney of The Giardinelli Law Group, APC. He currently serves as “Of Counsel” to Tyler & Bursch. Admitted to the California State Bar in 1977, John honed his skills on transactions and litigation in real estate, business, and employment law. Currently, his practice is focused on real estate and business law. He represents several REALTORS® Associations with membership exceeding 30,000 REALTORS®. He also advises brokerage firms, business entities, and owner brokers, agents, homeowners, and developers. His diverse background in real estate and business law and litigation, land use, contract law, corporate law, business strategic planning, and the preparation of real estate and business transactional documents enables him to provide effective representation and thorough legal advice to his clients on a wide range of matters.
John is a former trial attorney and serves as a mediator and arbitrator. John has also been retained as an expert witness, including the United States Attorney’s Office. He has been called on to testify regarding real estate brokers’ and agents’ fiduciary duties as well as other real estate-related topics.
As a respected speaker, John also conducts various classes and seminars and is the keynote speaker at REALTOR® association and brokerage events. He writes articles and news letters on hot topics in real estate for both association newsletters and Tyler & Bursch’s Courtside Newsletter. He is a former instructor for the Professional Realty Institute (GRI) and administers several REALTOR® associations’ Professional Standards Departments. (Please see Home page under Announcements for more information on the classes that the firm offers and how to sign up.)
In addition to his work with the firm, John is active in his community. He has resided in the City of Canyon Lake for over 35 years and during that time has served as Mayor, City Council Member, and as a member of the Executive Board of the Western Riverside Council of Governments (including a year as its Chair). He also served three terms on the Canyon Lake Property Owners Association’s Board of Directors and as its President for all three terms. John has served as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Mt. San Jacinto College Foundation and a Trustee of the Linfield Christian School.
In spite of an increasingly busy schedule, John is active in the Canyon Lake Community Church and has a vibrant personal life. John and his wife, Kristy, have two children, Erica and Bryan. Erica has two young children, Kade and Knox, and John and Kristy have been excitedly following their grandsons’ milestones and delighting in their little joys. Their son, Bryan, is an accomplished photographer and entrepreneur. John also enjoys SCUBA diving and water skiing.
- Real Estate Law
- Business Litigation
- Employment Law
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State of California Courts
- California Federal Courts
LEGAL ADMISSIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS
- Admitted to the State Bar of California in December 1977.
- Admitted to the Federal Bar in June 1989.
- Arbitrator of real estate matters.
- Mediator (Pepperdine certificated). Expert Witness (consultation and testimony).
- Wrote for the Western State University Law Review.
- Participated in Moot Court and went to the State Competition.
- Elected member of the Student Government as the Class Vice President and Student Body Ombudsman. Recipient of an AmJur Award.
- Member of Phi Alpha Law Fraternity.
- Passed California State Bar Examination on first attempt.
- Western State University College of Law, Juris Doctor, 1977, Graduated with Honors.
- University of California, Irvine, Bachelor of Arts – History, 1974, Graduated with Honors.
- President of the Canyon Lake Property Owners Association from 1984 to 1987.
- Member of Canyon Lake City Council:
—Inaugural Council from 1990 to 1996.
—Council Member in 2002.
- Mayor of the City of Canyon Lake in 1994 and 1995.
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Western Riverside Council of Government from 1990 to 1996
- Member of the Linfield Christian School Board of Trustees from 1994 to 2016. Currently, Trustee Emeritus. Served as Secretary, Treasurer, Chairperson of the Education and Technology Committee, and as a member of the Committee of the Board
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Mt. San Jacinto College Foundation from 1999 to 2001.
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the Animal Friends of the Valley from 1999 to present.
- Member of the Men’s Ministries Board of the Canyon Lake Community Church.
- Chair of the Master Planning Committee at the Canyon Lake Community Church.